| |Sanborn Elementary School children with Jacob Fillion, NPS park ranger and program director
Dynamic Earth exposes thousands of Arizona schoolchildren to the extraordinary learning experiences uniquely offered by the Grand Canyon. For many of these children, Dynamic Earth provides their first opportunity to visit and learn about the Grand Canyon. Using a holistic, hands-on approach both in the classroom and during their Grand Canyon fieldtrip, this special program provides a meaningful context for children to learn about the canyon's fascinating history and geology, setting the stage for lifelong curiosity and educational adventures.
Specific Dynamic Earth program components include:
Learn more about Dynamic Earth and other fun educational programs at Grand Canyon National Park.
- teacher training workshops at the park prior to fieldtrips
- small grants to teachers attending workshops to purchase classroom materials
- park ranger visits to schools prior to fieldtrips to build upon in-class activities
- evening outreach programs for students and their parents
- travel grants to offset transportation costs for fieldtrips to the park
- student journals with Grand Canyon information and activities before, during, and after fieldtrips